Sinner accepts three-month doping ban

File photo

Tennis world number one Jannik Sinner has accepted a three-month ban for doping having tested positive for a banned substance last year following a settlement with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), it said on Saturday.

WADA had appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) against an independent tribunal's decision in August to clear Sinner of wrongdoing after he failed drug tests.

Sinner had tested positive for anabolic agent clostebol which he said had entered his system from a member of his support team through massages and sports therapy. The case was set to be heard by CAS in April.

"Mr Sinner will serve his period of ineligibility from February 9, 2025 to 11:59 pm on May 4 2025," WADA said in a statement, which will make him eligible to return before the French Open.

"Mr Sinner may return to official training activity from April 13 2025. "

WADA has formally withdrawn its appeal to CAS after they reached a settlement.

More from Sports

Coming Up on Dubai Eye

  • The Debrief

    4:00pm - 7:00pm

    Join Dane & Lucy on Dubai Eye 103.8 for The Debrief from 4pm to 7pm, the perfect way to unwind after a busy day at the office.

  • The Score

    7:00pm - 9:00pm

    Hosted by Chris McHardy, The Score is your comprehensive guide to the world of sport.

BUSINESS BREAKFAST LATEST

On Dubai Eye

  • Is There Sufficient House Supply In UAE

    Dubai’s current population is more than double compared to almost twenty years ago, which now stands at 3.7 million. Lots of families are also moving to the UAE now. So what does it mean for the property market?

  • Noon's First Female Delivery Driver

    Glory Ehirim Nkiruka is Noon’s first ever female delivery driver. In her first ever interview, she explained why she loves her job, despite the heat!