Chef Brian Voelzing’s Flank Steak Recipe.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cook Time: 30 min.
500g flank steak
350g Portobello mushrooms
50g caramelized onion
10g chopped garlic
100ml beef stock
50ml cooking cream
10g chopped thyme
5g chopped chive
- Clean the Portobello mushrooms by gently pulling off the stem scraping out the gills with a spoon.
- Cut the mushrooms into cm squares
- In a medium sized pan over medium heat melt the butter and cook down the mushrooms until they are tender and have colored.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook for an additional minute.
- Add half of the salt to the mix before adding the beef stock and reducing with the mushrooms.
- Add the cream and reduce until the mixture is held together.
- Finish the mushrooms with remaining salt, pepper and chives.
- Season the flank steak with salt and pepper
- Cook to desired temperature and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Serve the flank on top of the mushrooms.