Saturday, August 19, 2017
listenlive

International News

Barcelona terror suspect claims his details were stolen

A man suspected of hiring a van used in the Barcelona terror attack that killed at least 13 people has reportedly said his documents were stolen.  He told officials that his brother – Moussa Oukabir – had stolen his ID.  According to Spanish media, Moroccon-born Maghrebi Driss Oukabir handed himself ...

Read More »

Maduro asks military to prepare in case of US invasion

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has ordered the military to be prepared in case of a US invasion. Minister of Defence Vladimir Padrino said they had received a preparatory order from the president to “shoulder arms and defend (the) country”. The order comes after US President Donald Trump last week said he would ...

Read More »

US Navy to remove senior crew of USS Fitzgerald

The US Navy will relieve senior leaders of the USS Fitzgerald after a deadly June crash killed seven crew members. The US warship had collided with a Philippine container ship in June off the coast of Japan. The commanding officer and two other senior crew will no longer serve aboard the ...

Read More »

Barcelona car attack: What we know

At least 13 people have been killed and over 100 injured after a deadly car attack in Barcelona’s  Las Ramblas area on Thursday. Here’s a look at what we know so far. – At around 5 pm local time on Thursday a van rams into crowds at the popular Las ...

Read More »

World leaders condemn terrorist attack in Barcelona

World leaders sent messages of support and condolences to Spain on Thursday after a deadly van rampage killed at least 13 people and injured over 100 others. French President Emmanuel Macron was among the first to voice solidarity and described the incident as a “tragic attack”. The mayor of Paris ...

Read More »